- continue working at refresh - administrative duties, taking classes, assisting instructors, learning
- pageant - orientation, talent development, dress/outfit ideas
- go back to school - ace that class!! take classes at opal, see richard
- come back to refresh, continue working on pageant talent
- ace my fall semester!!
- look for study abroad opportunities for spring semester or next year
- look for housing, discuss plans with roommates
- better days - contact uva and cville admin
today i was acknowledged by one of my yoga friends as being “what holds this studio together.” and while i know it was a bit of a stretch, the comment made me feel beyond happy. i’ve also been told by my manager and coworkers that i’m appreciated, and that the work and effort i’m putting into my job is being noticed. i’m doing a good job, and i’m doing a good job at something i love.
this summer, i’m not volunteering at a hospital or doing research in a lab. if i was, i wonder if i would get the same sense of satisfaction? more and more my experiences have led me to a conclusion that more important than what you’re doing is how hard you’re working. put in 110%, take initiative, be ambitious.
i’m making myself believe that this determination is going to get me somewhere.
on a side note - working at a studio has taught me the importance of work environment! nothing but good people and good vibes at refresh.
"If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.
Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
So if you love a flower, let it be.
Love is not about possession.
Love is about appreciation."
these past two days have been days where so much goes through my mind that i can’t process it all. this is my attempt to make sense of the thoughts that are important, and store the others away to be explored later.
- on vivi, judgment, and jealousy. “everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” -carl jung
- on the pageant, insecurity, and fear
- on sisterhood and commitment. should familial duty exist?
- on how to make my time and efforts meaningful, living from the heart, “real life”, honest assessment of the progress made toward my goals
- on yoga, learning, gratitude, and health
"When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow."
i’ve been feeling a little unauthentic and a little uninspired, and i think that part of it may simply be a consequence of the hustle and bustle of student life. reading, writing, creating.. in the past, these things helped me feel connected to something i found meaningful. but recently, it’s been hard to remember to live from the heart as well as the head. i’m surrounded by all these beautiful people and places (as we all are!), and i don’t want it all to go unappreciated and then forgotten.
so cheers - here’s to looking towards the heartier side of life.
more musings to come soon.
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."